miércoles, 14 de enero de 2009

About me

My background

I was born in La Plata, Buenos Aires, in 1978. My mother is from Uruguay and my father was from Nelson, in England. I lived in Buenos Aires until the age of 17, when we moved to Uruguay. When I was 25 I left Uruguay and moved to Barcelona, Spain, where I was living my life and my art until February 2011, when I moved to Copenhagen, Denmark.

My studies

My background I am a graduate from the Escola Massana, in Barcelona, where I have studied applied art. Through my studies at Massana I have developed a special interest for painting and photography. My passion however, is the deepest for painting and my paintings are what I wish to share with you in this moment.

After finishing my studies I spent one year in a project called Off Massana that included, two collective exhibitions and the opportunity to work with other young artists on various projects, within different art disciplines.

My art.

Constant war in the world, economic difference between developed and undeveloped countries and the concept of creating masks, in order for individuals to interact with their surrounding environment, creates in me, a need to try to find the answers to the meaning of this. I attempt to do this through the creation of graphic art. In my art I depict both questions and answers. The question; why do people interact with each other in this way?, and the answer; man is liberated from this through the painting.

No hay comentarios: